Life ….

So, it has been a minute since I last posted. I want to say that I have missed my blog and I never had intentions of neglecting it for so long! But since school has started, I’ve been wiped out by the end of the day. Fortunately, I am getting time in the day {alone.} But once the crazies get home, I seriously don’t stop! The most difficult part is having 3 kids with 3 different homeworks. Carson and Lawson have totally different things to work on – Carson has the typical homework and Lawson’s is beefed up {quite a bit!} I am thankful Hudson’s homework is relatively light {so far} because I was scared to death it was going to be a ridiculous amount after all I was told about 2nd grade {although that was at our old school.} I have the type of kids you have to sit down with and make sure they do their work – oh, wait …. I choose to do that! haha! I guess I don’t have to do that, but I want to make sure it gets done! And done right! And so each one gets individual time. I’m hoping in the next week or two, I can get them all sitting at the table together at the same time while I go around to each one helping.

I think about how I would homeschool.

And then bust out laughing!!!!

I get up at 4:15 to shower, get completely ready and make 4 lunches. By 6, I start waking up the kids. That gives us an hour to get dressed {with minimal assistance} and fed breakfast. I would much rather wake up before the sun than to rush like mad. It makes for a long day, but at least it starts off smooth! Tonight, I sat on the couch for a minute because I had just pulled fresh sheets out of the dryer. They were so warm and I was so tired. I piled them on top of me and I’m sure you know where I’m headed with this, ┬áthe next thing I knew it was about an hour and 45 minutes later. After that little “snap,” I have a smidge of energy to pop on here but I’m still looking forward to hitting the bed!

I have soooooo much art that needs to be posted. And I really mean NEEDS to be posted! I’m hoping once we settle into our new normal, I’ll get back on that – swear.

I thought I would leave you with a picture of the four that makes it all worth it ……

I look at these little people and I’m so happy. I’m so in love. And I’m so excited to see what these little people will do in this big world. Every night I tell them that no matter what I will love them beyond the end of time and there is absolutely nothing that will ever change it. Tonight, Emme asked me why I always say that. “I don’t know, Ems. I guess because I always wanted to hear that as a kid.” I went downstairs for a second. When I went back up, I heard Carson say, “We have the best mom in the whole wide world.” And Emme added, “and we need to tell her how much we love her.” I went into my room and cried like a baby.

Even when I think I’m doing it all wrong, they make it all right. Family. That is where it is at.

Like this post? Share it!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

About Kim
I picked up a paint brush for the first time 7 years ago, and haven't put it down since. My goal - To paint a canvas for my son's nursery. I never dreamed a business would be born out of it. {And if you saw the first canvas, you would think the same thing, too!}

Comments

1. Tammy says:

I love this picture!

2. caknitter says:

Wow, this post was powerful. sniff.
    Thanks for sharing, BMITWWW.

3. Carly says:

That was the sweetest thing. Made me tear up. Cute kids! I love the picture

4. Robin says:

Dang Kim, you had me all happy and smiling and then *BAM* tears. Yes my dear, you ARE doing it right! ;)

5. Megan says:

That has to be the best thing kids can say about a parent!! Congrats! :) And they are growing up!

6. krista says:

Okay you totally just made me cry too. LOL

7. It is always so good to hear from you and this post was beautiful. I love the glimpse into your day and I love a chance to see your heart. Your kiddos are precious and so lucky to have you! :) you made me cry tonight.

8. Lisa says:

Okay, you made me cry like a baby! What kid would not want to hear that!!! You are an amazing mom, with four sweeet souls that count on you so much. Let’s face it, your kids are adorable, and in touch with you.
    Homework was always the hardest part for me. Especially math. It is soooo not me. Not because I couldn’t have learned it, but I didn’t want to, and the school didn’t make me. Yeah, I was so eventually sorry about that when I had my kids. :(
    Sleep well, girlie!

9. Angie says:

Just Beautiful- Your right, family is definitely where it’s at!
    Hope you and yours settle into a routine soon.
    The first of the school year is always rough!

10. Sallie Baker says:

Love hearing about your kids. Glad you are back!

11. Lauren Kelly says:

Seriously LOVE everything about this post. You have a precious family!!!!!!

12. So the first part of your post I was shaking my head it total understanding – sometimes I feel like I’ll never get it all done. Let me restate that, I know that I will never get it all done… and it drives me nuts! And the stuff I WANT to do (blog, sew, craft…), forget about it! It’s the need to’s or the want to’s, but they will never both get done. ever.

And the second part of your post… made me cry! That is th sweetest thing in teh world! It is amazing how those sweet faces can wipe away the cares and stresses of a day and make it all worth it! :-)

13. jennbell says:

Wow. How precious. When my youngest was about 4 and oldest 9 I said “THIS is the perfect age”. Guess what? I’ve been saying that now for 4 years!!! I can’t believe it. . .and maybe “favorite age” will go away but after all the baby/toddler years of exhaustion I really savor and love this time with them. Getting on a new schedule is HARD. . .and before you know it it will be fall break, Christmas break, snow days. . .and it will all get messed up again — ha! And 4:15 — wow, that is crazy (I mean that in a good way!). . .you are a dedicated mom!!!

14. chesley says:

and now i’m crying too!! no doubt you’re an awesome & super fun mom!!!!