This is the kind of Kindergarten Homework I Love . . .

Hudson comes home with so much homework. Kindergarten is not what it use to be. Fortunately, Hudson doesn’t mind. He loves homework. Loves is probably an understatement. But what he hates – all the coloring and drawing he has to do with some of it. And I’d say hate is an understatement.

Yet, he talks about his weekly art class. all.the.time.

???

Tomorrow, he has a disguised turkey due.

Since Thanksgiving is so close, these turkeys are getting nervous and need a disguise. When I asked Hudson what/who his turkey wanted to look like, he said an elephant.

He got into painting the paper. I squirted a couple of shades of grey in a cup and handed him a paint brush. Then we had to wait for it to dry. I lost him at that point. He had no interest in the stupid turkey at this point.

But I did!

I cut out a body.

Two big ears.

Two standing legs.

Two legs to hide the wings.

And one trunk.

I could have stopped after I glued it all on. I could have, I said. But I didn’t.

It is all about the details!

Let me tell you – his teacher {I don’t think} has a clue I paint.

I’m thinking she might figure it out. Or she could think that Hudson is not only incredibly intelligent, but has some skills she didn’t know about!

Can we say “over kill on this kindergarten project.” I didn’t really notice till AFTER I looked at these photos!!

And I’m thinking I’ve never seen an elephant with a belly-button.

But that was Hudson’s request {and the tail.}

Like this post? Share it!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

About Kim
I picked up a paint brush for the first time 7 years ago, and haven't put it down since. My goal - To paint a canvas for my son's nursery. I never dreamed a business would be born out of it. {And if you saw the first canvas, you would think the same thing, too!}

Comments

1. Jessie says:

Oh my goodness! That is the best disguised turkey i have ever seen!

2. Laura says:

I love this! That belly button is so freakin cute~

3. Robin says:

What turkey? I don’t see no stinkin’ turkey! ;)

4. Jeanette says:

oh my that is too cute and way too professional for a kindergarten project! ;) Gabi’s only in preschool and I already have to hold myself back from getting too involved in her projects.

• Kim says:

this is the first time I’ve ever did anything like this. I’m normally really good about making my kids do their own work! This was one time I just couldn’t help myself!

5. Paige says:

So cute! Being a Bama fan, I am in love with this turkey disguise! Thanks for sharing.

6. Lindsay says:

That is adorable – and that teacher is going to have a good laugh at “Hudson’s” art work!!

7. Rachel says:

LOL! Looks great! At least the teacher will now know Mommy likes homework too. HAHA pretty sure our turkey disguise would pale in comparison. Poor Hudson’s classmates. ;)

• Kim says:

I don’t know – Connor said he went to look at all of them on the wall beside his door. AND he said there were several that were over the top! Glad I did it then!!

8. Jen says:

Super cute!!!

9. Sarah A. says:

So when are you going to illustrate your first children’s book?? My girls would love your animal illustrations!

• Kim says:

You know, I’ve never thought about anything like that before until you just said something!! Funny, we go to library every week AND I always choose books by the illustrations!

10. courtney says:

that one is definitely a keeper for the hope chest! you overdid it, but i would too! awesome! send hudson to school with “his” wonderful art project!!!

11. Brandie says:

We had the exact same assignent! How funny! Lauren made hers a beauty queen with lots of sparkles. “Miss Thanksgiving 2010″! There’s you an idea for Em in a few years:)!

• Kim says:

oohhh! Good idea!! I will have to put that back in the ol’ memory and pull it back out! I’ll “suggest” it when I ask her what she wants her turkey to look like!!

12. Sallie Baker says:

Go for it, Girl! If the teacher DID know you painted, and ” Hudson” came in with a lame project,
    she would think…..” you’d think someone who painted could at least put some thought into it! ”

That was always the hardest part for me….helping TOO much with projects! ha!

• Kim says:

I know!! I have to agree. This is the 1st time I’ve ever went this far with “helping.” I’m really good about making him do it all!!! But I couldn’t help myself this time.

13. Holly says:

Ha! I love it! You did a great job Kim!

14. Krista says:

Oh my God! That is the CUTEST turkey/elephant I have EVER seen! LOL! Love it. And yeah, think his teacher *might* figure out that something else is going on here hahahaha

15. Allison says:

Kim–the belly button is a hoot!!!

16. Bethany says:

That has to be the best turkey disguse ever!!! You just totally put our Snowman Turkey to shame…lol
    Your kids will have the most awesome art projects ever!!

17. OMG I love it!!

18. Ashley says:

How cute! I am a second grade teacher and may seriously use this project next year- but if someone brings in one as cute as your little elephant, I may keep it and frame it somewhere.

19. Keki says:

Smart kid ya got there. All mammals have belly buttons!

20. Randi Hayden says:

This is my first year enjoying this project with my four year old. His other Grandmother helped to execute this project last year..(Spiderman) so I have big shoes to fill! Since the theme of this turkey is limited to something quite unique to our family or atleast to the student, I was thinking Ninja or our favorite New Orleans Saints player.. but the examples on-line were not too helpful! Then Dear Heavens… I ran into your elephant!!!! Thanks for the play by play directions btw. I am SO loving your ideas… I believe that WE will attempt to make a Giraffe today! We recently visited the zoo, and the Giraffe is one of Chase’s favorites; the tiger, impossible! This is going to be taskful, but I believe that we will be successful! Thanks for the idea!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] neat idea I heard about was having the kids disguise a turkey like in this post. Love that idea and might be stealing it next [...]