Mandatory . . .

that you comment on this post!! So all you peeps that look from a reader – click over. Those that just look at my pictures – read it and answer! Those who are afraid to comment – face your fear and do it anyways. And what other reason there could be, get over it and comment. Pa-Leeze!

Let me explain . . .

My husband makes fun of the way I sleep. I do not sleep like this all the time. But if I fall asleep on the sofa or floor – chances are . . . I’m in this position. I’ve never-ever thought it odd. Ever. But I will admit that I was a little concerned when he took a picture of me. Asleep. In this position. And I did look a little funny. But not weird. And to actually see myself laying like this actually caused me to, well – Laugh!

I will post the picture, but please continue reading first . . .

I know I’m limber. Incredibly limber. And losing my flexibility rates high on my fear list. Right next to loosing all my teeth. {**shudder**} When I stand, my knees bend slightly – okay, more than slightly – further back than the average person. And luckily one of my children has the same gene. I can bend my fingers in contorted like ways. I can still do the splits. And after mine and Lonnie’s convo last night, I realized I can still put BOTH feet behind my head. Easily. And without stretching – which I’m sure, somewhere in the world, is considered a talent.

But back to my sleep position  . . .

Lonnie tells me this is very un-natural. And that it concerns him that I can sleep 7 straight hours at night in this position and wake up just fine. No kinks. No hurts. No pains. Just fine.

I think he is wrong. And told him I could find at least 1 other person who can do this comfortably. And possibly sleep in this position, too. One. Only 1.

He says I can’t.

Help me, guys. Help me!!! I must prove to him I’m right and he is wrong!!!

I guess you want to see the picture?? Funny, is that Lonnie got it at ever angle, and he nor I could believe that I didn’t wake up!!! I was just that comfortable.

Please ignore the fat squishing out. Such an alignment in the pose requires that to happen {haha!}

So come on!!! Comment. Tell me if you think this is weird – I don’t at all. Well, slightly for my age, but in the big picture, really, I don’t. Tell me if you can do this. If you know someone that can. Anything to argue my point . . . . or {I told him it would be fair} argue his.

I’m dying to hear what you all have to say! This should be interesting.

And for the record, I slept like a baby. All night long.

Like this post? Share it!
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • StumbleUpon
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

About Kim
I picked up a paint brush for the first time 7 years ago, and haven't put it down since. My goal - To paint a canvas for my son's nursery. I never dreamed a business would be born out of it. {And if you saw the first canvas, you would think the same thing, too!}

Comments

1. Emily says:

I’m sorry…I totally laughed when I saw the pictures. I could only last about two minutes like that! But if it’s comfortable for you, why not?!

2. jennibell says:

Nope. Never in a million years. . .even for 2 minutes. But I’ll tell ya, I’d be COLD if I slept in that outfit all night long with no blanket on top of me!!!

3. Erin says:

I’ve never seen anyone sleep like that. And I definitely don’t sleep like that if I did I’d wake up in some sure enough pain.

4. TLee says:

LOL Kim!! I laughed even harder when I imagined you quite preggers with the twins sleeping like that ;) You take the cake for best strange and personal revelation in a while for me! :) Thanks and I agree with the comment about being cold if I was there, dressed like that, for seven hours or whatever…but then again…the leather couch gets pretty warm !

5. jenn says:

You aren’t crazy – I am that flexible too usually. Not sure how I’d feel after waking up after a few hours… but the position itself isn’t bad! I think that as long as you feel fine, Lonnie can’t say anything!

6. Cal says:

Sooo funny….yes, my daughter slept like that, too…but more flatter, looking like a flattened chicken ready for the grill.

7. ashley says:

i am totally surprised that your legs don’t go numb! you do look comfortable.

8. Blogless me says:

It’s funny that within an hour of reading your post I came across “somebody” else who sleeps in the same position. I hope this will convince Lonnie it’s perfectly OK and that you are in fine company.

PS I sent you the pictures that document it via email. And … thank you for the most amusing story!

9. Monica says:

That is hysterical! I’m not sure I could even get in that position if I tried!

10. jess says:

Kim? You need to enter America’s Got Talent. Really. That or join a contortionist support group. You know, so you can talk about your inner feelings on this matter. I see therapy in your future….

11. Jill says:

I’m just reading this post. I can not believe you sleep like that!! HAHA! And are comfortable while doing it. You are way better shape than me…that’s all I will say. :)

12. Katie says:

Too funny!! I can stretch in this position but, sorry, don’t think I could sleep like that. That’s talent!! :)

13. Lindsey says:

My friend posted this today and I thought of you!

See? You’re totally normal!

14. Kimberly says:

OK, so if I walked in on you sleeping in that position, I would totally be whipping out the camera to take a bunch of pictures too. Too funny!!! I got into this position to see how comfy it was right after reading your post, and I gotta say, my legs would be cramping up after only a few minutes. Absolutely no flexibility here. I’m impressed that you can sleep like that!!!